Blog 3


On my third day, I was finally able to go into the office to work on our project. It was great to meet everyone, and I felt very welcomed and happy to be there. Being in the office was a whole new experience, and it has started to give me even more of an insight into the profession. Additionally, having Alex and I right together and working on the same project has been positive both for our work and our overall enjoyment since we work well together. My mentor has not been giving too much guidance and has let us figure out many things on our own, which has allowed us to learn a lot already. We took a look at an example presentation of a project they previously worked on at the campus, and took inspiration from it as we will be creating our own elements of this to showcase and present our project to others at the office, giving us experience on another element of the job. The project hasn’t been easy, as there's many details and complications to the stairwell regarding regulations, lighting, weather, resources, and more. All of these are things that I have been working to figure out and the independence given to me by my mentor has greatly influenced my learning of each of these specifications. Also, Alex and I have worked and after researching and coming up with many ideas for the design of the staircase, we have settled on our design. Now, we can shift to working on the exact sizing and details which we will be focusing on in the future along with our other deliverables like our model we are hoping to build. Over these recent days, I’ve become more acquainted with the space and the people around me and it has allowed me to more greatly focus on my work and I have enjoyed working like an architect.

 

Comments

  1. It’s wonderful to hear how quickly you’ve settled into the office environment and how much you’re learning from the independence your mentor is giving you. You’re already thinking like an architect as you navigate regulations, constraints, and design decisions alongside Alex. Your mentor reached out to me about the challenging nature of the project. I am really looking forward to connecting about it next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

blog 5

Pre-Project Blog