Blog 2

 For the first two days, I was working primarily from home since we had problems with weather and Alex and I were not able to go into the office. For these first two days, I got to know my mentor better and really got a better understanding of my scope of work and the things I will need to learn to be able to do it. For the staircase we are designing, as they would do for any project, we need to create a massing of the surrounding buildings. To make this, I had to learn a software called Sketchup, which I have been using to create a 3D massing of the space. It has taken me a lot of time to figure out how to use it and use it efficiently, so that is what I dedicated a great deal of time to these first two days. I believe I was successful and I created our first massing of the area and most importantly become familiar with a software that will be greatly needed not just in the future with this project but my future with architecture and similar software. The model I created will be used for our presentation along with other models made through another software I will soon learn. Having not yet fully gotten used to the project and my daily tasks, it was a bit of a struggle these first few days working at home. Also, I began to look through the code and regulations for stairways, which is something very new for me. My only experiences with architecture have been more conceptual and model based, but I am learning that architecture has a lot to do with specific details and real world applications. I have never had the task of creating something that will be produced in the real world, and I am very excited and grateful for this opportunity to gain so much valuable experience with real world architecture. 



Comments

  1. Thank you for such a refreshingly honest reflection about the learning curve! Your reflection shows a strong awareness of the shift from conceptual work to real-world application, which is such an important part of the field. Even with the challenges of working from home, you’ve built a solid foundation for the weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3

blog 5

Pre-Project Blog