Blog 4

 Now that we settled on our final design, over the next few days we were challenged with sizing of the dimensions of our staircase. After a lot of experimentation and going over code and regulations for staircases that we previously researched, we finally got our staircase to scale to fit in the space as we desired. Doing this was a milestone for the both of us and gave me more experience with real world architecture as most of my work previously has been conceptual with not as much regard to fitting designs into a restricted space, which is something that will contribute to my future in architecture. Also, as I have learned from other architects I have talked to, much of everyday architecture in the field is collaborative, which is something that studying in college does not teach. That being said, I think working with Alex will further improve both our future paths since we’ve both gotten to understand how to work well together so that we are satisfied as well as our mentor in our designing process. On a different note, one thing I have been focusing on more are the diagrams for the deliverables for our upcoming presentation. Once again, this is something I do not have much experience with and yet another skill I have dove into to add to my repertoire. To work on this, I have been looking at reference presentations and taking inspiration as well as talking to my mentor and taking suggestions to improve my work. By next week, we’re hoping to present to the university architect and these diagrams will be a key part of our presentation. It has been nice to not just be focused on working with software and the design element, but also presentation and collaboration elements which I have learned are also important parts of the profession. 



Comments

  1. I appreciate how you named collaboration and communication as core parts of the work. It’s clear you’re building not just technical skills, but a much fuller understanding of what the profession really looks like day to day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3

blog 5

Pre-Project Blog